Tuesday, December 01, 2009

 

Remembering Jeremy








Saturday 28th marked a year since my friend and colleage was killed in the crash of an A320 aircraft in France. Risk and it's consequences are never far from mind in this business even before Jeremy's death, now they are everpresent. In Wellington's prevailing northerly breeze aircraft take off on runway 34 towards Newlands. At 06:30 each morning the Air NZ flight to Australia (NZ141 to Sydney or NZ151 toMelbourne) departs and on most days they climb north out over the harbour before turning left and heading west over our place. They are still climbing hard and accelerating as they pass overhead and the distinctive fan noise reminds me it is an A320. I am always up by then and often step out to witness the sunrise. And each time I hear that Airbus heading out over the sea, I remember Jeremy and think quietly about getting to work.





Comments:
You just brought a tear to my eye Jack. We've been thinking of you heaps. I hope Jeremy's family are doing OK, as well as can be expected anyway. XX
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?