Thursday, June 05, 2008

 

Easter time and Granny comes to visit

Granny came to visit us at Easter and she looked after me while Mummy and Daddy got busy and finished off lots of jobs they have wanted to do for ages. They did lots of painting, mostly covering the last of the nice 1980s pink in our hallway (Mummy spent most of the weekend up the fully extended ladder doing the church window sill), the double doors at the bottom of the stairs and the stair handrail, put new gib in the enormous hole in our dining room ceiling that has been there for months, plastered and painted it, and finally finished off the sanding and painting of the rangehood (only took them 4 years!). Then Daddy finally got his wish of big globe lights in the hallway (but we won't mention how he smashed the last one putting it up in the semi-dark and how he had to buy a whole replacement light and fitting!!). They were very pleased that Granny did such a good job of looking after me so they could get this work done.

This year Mummy was going to let me eat more than just one marshmallow Easter egg and I got this big one and loved it! Mind you, Daddy was quite keen on my Easter eggs too and in the end I only got this one, he ate the rest (the fatty boom-boom!)











On Sunday I decided that Mummy and Daddy had done enough hard work so we went for a lovely picnic at the beach at Pukerua Bay, I found this great burnt stump and crawled all over it while Mummy and Granny chowed down.












The came the best bit, we went to the minature railway at Raumati! I was so excited I could barely talk and went on so many train rides, I went on every single one!




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?