Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 

Guy's First Adventure Race




On Sunday I got my rubber arms easily twisted into doing the kayak leg of a multisport race around Porirua. We had a team of three from work verly nearly organised by Dougal who is the CAA's Chief Medical Officer and also a fellow ride-to-work freak. When I agreed about 4 months ago I figured we 'd have the baby business well under control by 3 months, and well we have almost.

Guy was 12 weeks old on Sunday, the plan was for Katrina to drop me and kayak at the transition area and then head away to pick me up later. Guy usually sleeps through midday to early afternoon, but would he sleep in his buggy at the transition area? No way, far too much cool stuff happening, in fact he wasn't even happy in his buggy with the curtains drawn, he had to be on my shoulder where he could watch all the other kids and the bright plastic boats. In the end he was awake all afternoon, through the prize giving, the boat return to the kayak hire place and even the supermarket shopping. I put him in to bed about 6:30 he went "Argrgggh...zzzz....zzzz..zzz and slept for a new record of 8.5 hours.

So here is Guy checking out boats with me at race, contemplating a modification to the kayak to include a coxswain's seat, me practicing paddling (without my little mate) .
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?